Personal values in the workplace

By Lindsay Marcaccio As I often do, I was having a discussion with my mentor about a challenge I was facing at work, which led us into a conversation about personal values. Specifically, what do you do when a project or a colleague’s behaviour conflicts with your own core values?  Kelly Wood, founder of Kelly… Read more

The Journey of Developing Cultural Competency

By Lindsay Marcaccio With workforces and clientele highly globalized, companies should no longer ignore the importance of developing cultural competency within their organizations. Especially when communications and marketing success is dependent upon timely messaging being delivered and understood by key audiences. But what exactly is cultural competency and how does one develop it? In the… Read more

Member Spotlight: Introducing Matthew McWhirter

An IABC member since 2011, Matthew McWhirter, currently works as the director of marketing and communications at the Dexterra Group. He joined IABC to gain access to resources and benefit from networking opportunities with his fellow communicators in the Calgary area. He believes that he has not taken advantage of this as much as he… Read more

Our Sponsors