Calgary is one of the largest and most vibrant IABC chapters in the world, with more than 300 members based in the city and surrounding areas.
Attending events organized by the local chapter is a great way to get to know fellow communicators in a host of sectors and industries and build your network. You can also sharpen your skills with professional development opportunities, take part in our award-winning mentorship program, and much more. Find out more about your local chapter below:
Meet your fellow professionals at our CommsConnect dinners and other networking events and attend professional development events — with special member pricing. We also regularly host open board meetings. Find out what’s coming up next.
Stay up to date on local communications news, events and opportunities with our weekly The Current e-newsletter. If you’re a member and are not receiving the newsletter, please e-mail us.
Take part in our award-winning mentorship program, which pairs mentors with mentees. Find out more.
Discounted flights, local events
IABC Calgary members qualify for up to 15% off WestJet flights and a host of other discounts on shows, shopping, health, wellness and events through access to Perkopolis. You can save on top brands including Apple, Lenovo, Adidas, WestJet, IHG Hotels and Resorts, and more. Here’s how to register.
IABC Calgary hosts certification exams for those looking to earn their GCCC-accredited Communications Management Professional (CMP) and Senior Communications Management Professional (SCMP). Check out our certification page for more information.
Check out our IABC Calgary blog for the latest news, content and happenings.
Get involved in your local chapter or events and build your network by volunteering with IABC Calgary.
We’re here for you: If you have any questions related to membership, don’t hesitate to e-mail us, or visit our contact us page. You can also check out our membership options page or review the IABC membership FAQ.
As a member of IABC, you also have access to international benefits that include:
- Webinars, many of which are discounted or free, and regional and international conferences.
- Peer-reviewed articles and research to enhance your work experience and knowledge.
- Special Interest Groups that allow you to connect with communicators working in your field or area of expertise or interest.
- Catalyst, the official publication of IABC.
- The Hub, a place to connect with communicators around the world.
- The globally recognized GCCC accreditation program.
- Gold Quill Awards: Special access and discounted application rates for this awards program, which celebrates strategic communication worldwide and honours the dedication, innovation and passion of communicators on a global scale.
Not a member or current member? Join now!
Already a member? Renew now!