IABC offers several types of memberships to suit your needs.
At IABC, we’re flexible. If you’re just starting out or thinking about the profession, welcome! Or if you’ve dedicated your life to communications and are looking for a way to give back in retirement, we’d love to have you! All membership types have access to exclusive IABC benefits and promote networking, career development and personal growth. IABC is also proud to offer a Membership Payment Plan for professional members, which provides the option of paying membership fees in four equal payments. Joining IABC is an investment in your career.
Student membership – $109/year
- For full-time students at colleges, universities or other educational institutions, as well as part-time students working towards a degree or certificate program in Canada, who are not presently working in the communications profession.
Transitional membership – $187/year
- Transitional membership is for communications students or recent grads transitioning into a career. This reduced rate is for professionals who have graduated from a program at a post-secondary institution in the last year. They must hold a student membership to get the transitional rate.
- Note: Members can only have one year as a student transition before they must become a professional member at the full professional rate.
Professional membership – $314/year
- For the individual who is looking to enhance their skills, expand their network and engage with their fellow professionals.
Small Group membership – 15% discount off Professional Membership
- A small group plan is available to company groups of 5–10 members, and includes all of the benefits of individual IABC membership, but at a 15% discount on regular international dues.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +(415) 544-4704 to enroll in a small group membership.
- Corporate memberships are for organizations that have a communications team and would like all of them to have access to membership benefits.
- Corporate packages allow discounts for five or more employees from the same company.
Retired membership – $109/year
- Retired memberships are for retired professionals looking to stay engaged and involved with the professional association they have always loved.
Where your fees go (based on Professional Membership):
- Chapter dues –$40
- Region dues –$20
- International dues –$254
Contact us if you have any questions.