Marketing and Communications Specialist
Bow Valley College
Why work at Bow Valley College? We have recently been named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for 2018. Bow Valley College is made up of employees who are committed to our learners´ success, as well as each other´s. Our staff and faculty consistently say it is the people who keep them at the College, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors.
We are currently accepting applications for the newly created position of Marketing and Communications Specialist.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is a member of a team of professionals who advance the goals of Bow Valley College through centralized marketing and communications strategies. This person will be responsible for creating, developing, executing and evaluating all marketing and communications initiatives for an assigned portfolio of Bow Valley College schools and departments. This role will assist areas of the college reach and exceed their business objectives.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist provides a comprehensive range of marketing support and services for internal clients across the college. The scope of practice for the role is wide, and the work has direct and significant impact on the college’s brand and reputation.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist participates in cross-functional, cross-college project teams to support these strategies, and has the primary responsibility for the execution of strategic marketing plans and ensuring the tactical plans achieve the campaign goals and objectives.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Collaborates with internal clients throughout the college to identify marketing needs and objectives, advise and execute appropriate marketing strategies, and communicate results.
- Advises and advocates for the needs of various schools and departments.
- Meets regularly with Deans, Directors and College leaders to strategize priorities and plan for college and industry trends to increase enrolment and drive awareness of the evolving Bow Valley College mission.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with different levels across the organization.
- Manages and executes marketing plans for marketing campaigns, advertising (print, online, out of-home, radio, displays, etc.), promotions and sponsorships to achieve college objectives and reach defined target audiences.
- Builds creative briefs and plans for each marketing project, which include budget guidelines, timelines, approval processes, production, and post-implementation evaluation, and manage the successful execution of these projects.
- Monitors, reports on, and recommends actions on campaign performance results to plan.
- Works with external agencies and vendors to develop plans, receive estimates, quotes, and book marketing and promotional activities such as advertising space, collateral, printing, distribution, etc. related to the execution of campaigns and initiatives, as required.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing and communications team to create, implement and evaluate campaigns through brainstorming sessions and project planning of public relations initiatives. Activities will include community partnerships, sponsorships, advertising, media relations, events, internal and external communications, events and more in order to connect with students, alumni, donors, prospective students, industry leaders and the general public.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of marketing processes and procedures to ensure effective and efficient workflow, improve communication and enhance working relationships.
- Participates in communications and market planning in support of the college business plan goals.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings with Manager, Marketing, department, and division to discuss, prioritize, and review work, set performance plans, and review performance.
- Generates and leads projects through the Communications team, the web team and the design studio ensuring key messages are aligned and projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Works with Campaign Marketing and Media Coordinator to track, measure and provide insight on the performance of digital campaigns.
- Collaborates with the other Marketing and Communications Team members, to develop optimal and actionable strategies, concepts and tactics for clients
- Proactively manages key client relationships and overall client and project profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree – Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
- 3 years of experience in strategic, integrated marketing and communications planning and execution.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
- Agency work considered an asset as is IABC and/or CPRS membership.
- Strategic Planner.
- Creative thinker who can also follow process.
- Comfortable pitching their ideas.
- Work independently and within a team.
- Marketing and advertising processes from briefing to final ad placement.
- Multi-tasking and adherence to deadlines.
- The importance of providing exceptional customer service, to both team members and College stakeholders.
- Ability to understand priorities and when to escalate concerns/issues.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Determining and managing timelines, ensuring procedures are followed, maintaining project documentation on project management system, and establishing delivery dates per the project brief.
- Strong written, communication and people skills.
- Time management solutions.
- Budgeting and financial tracking.
- Digital marketing savvy including understanding of key online metrics that drive marketing strategy
Interested applicants can apply online.