Manager of Communications, Digital
Job type: Temporary Full-time
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Manager of Communications Digital (Mat Leave Coverage)
Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Manager is accountable for the development and implementation of effective digital communications/e-communications strategies that align with the business goals of ATB’s internal audiences and business areas. The Manager plays a leadership role creating an exceptional digital communications approach through the lens of smart, simple, helpful. They develop and support the best practices that enable our internal communication channels to successfully deliver strategic communication plans to a range of audiences. They also work as a key leader within the corporate communications team, helping to coach and develop others.
You will find success based on your ability to:
Strategic communications planning and development:
- As part of the overall strategic marcom plan, develops communication strategies that clearly deliver on ATB’s business objectives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an overarching enterprise-wide digital communications strategy to support the business goals of ATB
- Develop and implement best-in-class digital communications strategies, key messages, tactics and metrics that keep team members well informed, enhance engagement, increase profile and drive business priorities and objectives
- Translate intranet best practices into a cohesive strategy deployed to help achieve clear, consistent enterprise communication as well as team collaboration capabilities
- Provide digital communications counsel to communication and business teams ensuring that the use of communication channels best position business divisions with respect to ATB’s corporate goals
- Build strong relationships and gain team member confidence as a trusted collaborator
- Lead the migration of content from existing repositories to a newly implemented platform in collaboration with business users and communicators team members
- Engage with business stakeholders in helping define a successful digital workplace
Brand and strategic alignment: As a member of the communications team, plays a leadership role in building our brand and advancing our culture.
- Ensure all communications are aligned with ATB’s Story and brand promise, influencing team member engagement and our employer brand, reinforcing our strategic goal of being the place to work
- Enhance and advance ATB’s culture and corporate image by infusing our corporate values internally (the ATBs) and proactively managing our reputation
- Position business strategies and business plans within the context of ATB’s corporate strategy and business plan to further enhance team member understanding and engagement
- Monitor sites and enforce governance where necessary
Resource management, channels & tools: A communications expert continually striving to learn and hone their skills with passion for collaborating to ‘up the game’ in corporate communications at ATB.
- Use the lens “smart, simple and helpful” to develop strategies and implement tools that make it easy for team members to access information, and build a culture of consumption and active learning
- Share best practices and lead the team in seeking out innovative trends to adopt within communications solutions
- Willing and able to “roll up their sleeves” to do what it takes to meet deadlines and deliver effective solutions
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- 5+ years of progressive and digital communications/e-communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, IT or a related field, or a specialized diploma in communications combined with extensive experience
- Experienced in intranet management, content management and content migration
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of best practices for web, information and visual design
- Exceptional collaboration, strategic planning and communication skills
- Possesses change management and employee communications expertise
- Ability to establish and convey a vivid and compelling vision
- Proven track record at delivering results / Results-focused approach and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with and be seen as a trusted strategic partner amongst senior leaders
- Ability to successfully balance competing priorities
- Experience using SharePoint considered an asset
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Special conditions: Please note that this position is for an 18 month term.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.