Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. We have locations across southern Alberta helping 14,000 learners each year. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge- based environment.
Why work at Bow Valley College? We have recently been named one of Alberta’s Top 75 Employers for 2019. Bow Valley College is made up of employees who are committed to our learners ́ success, as well as each other ́s. Our staff and faculty consistently say it is the people who keep them at the College, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors.
The Marketing and Communications department at Bow Valley College is expanding and we are now accepting applications for the position of Manager, Marketing.
Our talented, passionate, and hard-working team is implementing the latest trends in marketing and communications to support Bow Valley College in shaping the future of college education. We are looking for individuals who understand the power of storytelling, work collaboratively, and are excited to take on a challenge. If you’re looking for an innovative, fast-paced, and exciting work environment, we want to meet you.
If this role isn’t the best fit for you, stay tuned. Keep your eye on our career page as there will be other opportunities for you to join our award-winning team.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, this position works with senior management at the College to provide leadership and coordination of key marketing functions. Overall objectives include planning, developing, budgeting, implementing, and managing numerous recruitment marketing and brand campaigns to attract new students and create awareness for Bow Valley College. Key responsibilities include brand and advertising campaigns, internal and external events and media buying. The position manages all financial components and internal and external relationships regarding the delivery of these initiatives which are prioritized by the College Leadership Team.
This role’s responsibilities contain a variety of strategic marketing and public relations initiatives including internal events and external community partnerships and sponsorship activations. This Manager has an in-depth knowledge of all areas of brand development and sustainment, marketing, advertising, storytelling and the creative process. He/she has informed knowledge of Communications and Digital (web) best practices. The Manager, Marketing is a key member of the Marketing and Communications Leadership team, the Strategic Enrolment Management team, co-chair of the Recruitment Marketing Sub-Committee and sits on the Campus Experience Working Group and the Indigenization Strategy Working Group. He/she also has a focus and accountability to expand marketing strategies into new areas and communities.
Specifically, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Producing compelling marketing and advertising campaigns to secure student enrolment, donor support, employee and student engagement and brand awareness.
- Quality control of all deliverables.
- Management and supervision of a team, most of whom are professional marketing and communications strategists, media buyers and event planners.
- Ensuring implementation and delivery of multiple complex series of branding and advertising campaigns across traditional and non-traditional platforms (includes digital, social, print, broadcast, transit, niche and events).
- Managing an annual budget of $2 million
- Responsible for stakeholder relations with community leaders and local professional designating bodies.
- The position is also responsible for expanding public relations and community partnerships by seeking opportunities to engage with local and national groups to advance recruitment and branding goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Public Relations Communications, Business).
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of marketing theory and practice.
- Knowledge of Calgary and area media market landscape.
- Experience supervising people and leading a diverse team.
- Demonstrated success in positive, team-oriented leadership.
- Strong project and team management/supervisory skills.
- Ability to drive change and innovate in a post-secondary/ public sector environment.
- Interpersonal, communication, presentation, public speaking, and leadership skills.
- Project management and office management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal partners and external organizations.
- Business planning skills, and skills in management, financial, facility and human relations.
- Contribution to a positive, innovative atmosphere
- Agency Experience
- Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of communications, creative and web best practices
Deadline to submit resumes/applications: 15/12/2019