Internal Communications Specialist
Western Financial Group
For 100 years Western Financial Group, a Canadian insurance brokerage has listened to and cared for over 1 million customers. A career at Western will challenge you while offering opportunities for continuous development.
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Develop and deliver internal communication to engage employees with the vision and values of Western.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Communication as part of our People & Culture team, you will be responsible for promoting the vision and values of Western through various channels to ensure our employees understand business decisions and how they align with their daily work.
- Adhere to a brand standard and leverage a variety of channels; intranet, corporate presentation decks, video, email bulletins, reports and other documents
- Develop communication plans for projects, initiatives and events
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and refresh of the company intranet
- Participate in the Social Committee, supporting and ensuring deliberate and full-circle communication on social events
- Participate in the planning and coordination of corporate events
Our Team Environment
We work together every day to build authentic relationships, with our customers and with each other. We value hard work and enjoy a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment. We can see the difference we make in our community.
- Post-Secondary Education in Communications or equivalent experience
- Experience developing communication strategies and plans
- Professional experience engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including:
- Word: styles, TOC, footnotes, bibliography, forms, mail merge
- PowerPoint: themes, master slides, smart art, animations, video and audio
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Location: High River, AB
- Full Time – 37.5 hours/week
Submit your application to Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2019. When applying, be prepared to provide:
- Writing Portfolio
- Sample Communication Plan
About Western Financial Group
Western provides our employees with a competitive compensationpackage including, 3 weeks’ vacation plus paid personal days, Company Matched investment and saving programs, extended health and dental benefits, including a Health Care Spending Account, 50% premium paid.
Western Financial Group has its own charitable foundation, check it out here, Western Communities Foundation.