Deadline: June 2, 2023
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about creating useful, easy-to-understand web content that gets results. Your work will help keep Calgarians informed about crucial issues and assist them in completing their online tasks with ease.
As a Web & Digital Planner, you will develop, implement, and evaluate digital strategies for your clients. You will need to balance user needs with business goals to help achieve your client’s objectives.
Primary duties include:
• Identify and transform traditional services that can be brought online.
• Give advice and recommendations to your clients on digital tactics that will help them achieve their goals.
• Proactively identify areas of improvement and create and execute related plans.
• Working collaboratively, get buy-in from your clients on your recommendations and digital strategies
• Manage planning and execution of your strategies, providing direction to Web & Digital Analysts and Associates.
• Use web analytics, customer surveys and 311 call data to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of your strategies and plans.
• Consult with User Experience Architects, Copywriters, Developers and Marketing Strategists on best practices and tactics.
• Manage your client relationships and position yourself as a trusted advisor on digital strategy.
• Write high-performance web content using best practices, search engine optimization (SEO), plain language and brand guidelines.
• Stay up to date on emerging trends in SEO, content design and accessibility.
• A completed two-year diploma such as Digital Communications & Media diploma or a related field and at least 8 years of progressive experience in areas such as web communications, digital strategy and website content design and management; OR
• A degree such as Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies, Bachelor of Communications or a related field and with at least 6 years of progressive experience in areas such as web communications, digital strategy and website content design and management.
• Experience in writing for the web is required.
• Experience in Content Management Systems (CMS), Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics and project management experience is considered an asset.
• Success in this position requires excellent consulting, customer service, interpersonal leadership, relationship building, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to apply business knowledge, be politically sensitive, respond to multiple priorities.
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Position Type: 7 Temporary (up to 23 months)
Compensation: Pay Grade 11 $42.09 – 56.27 per hour
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Business Unit: Customer Service & Communications
Location: 201 8 Avenue SE
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Apply By: June 2, 2023
Job ID #: 307699