Meet our Student Ambassadors
IABC/Calgary partners with local universities and aims to build and maintain excellent relationships with both the institutions and the students – incoming, current or past.
Our Student Ambassadors are students who have their memberships sponsored by our chapter. They get first-hand experience on what it feels like to be an IABC member, help provide feedback on our student programming and keep IABC/Calgary in-the-know.
“Being in IABC is like opening a door to a secret room where communication professionals are hanging out, swapping experiences, sharing ideas, and introducing each another. As a student who is eager to learn more about the industry, it’s a huge benefit to be in that room. I’m looking forward to meeting more people through IABC, attending events and professional development sessions.“
– Sarah Elliot, Communication Studies, University of Calgary
“I aspire to show students how an IABC membership will help launch their career, add value, and provide a support system for their success. IABC enhances leadership skills, offers professional development and fosters knowledge expansion for students.”
– Mikayla Kardynal, Public Relations, Mount Royal University
Are you interested in becoming an Ambassador and getting ahead at the start of your communications career? Applications for 2020 sponsorship open in September, 2019.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why become a student member?
There are a lot of awesome things that IABC/Calgary does, and as one of the largest chapters in the world, there’s a whole world of awesome people the chapter can connect you with.
Did you know that student memberships include the same benefits as a professional membership… at a fraction of the cost?
For $57, you can:
- Enhance your knowledge and skills through research, events and volunteer leadership opportunities.
- Connect with professionals and gain experience in an association that is career-long.
- Find an amazing mentor who could change your life – a mentor could do things like bounce ideas for assignments, review your resume and cover letter, and provide valuable professional advice and guidance.
- Tap into the massive global membership base, taking your network and knowledge to an international level.
- Access the hidden global job market and networking with professionals to help launch your career.
Become a member today!
Volunteer with us
Does your curriculum require you to have some hands-on volunteering experience?
Are you looking to gain professional experience, and build both your network and resume at the same time? We can help!