By Natasha Qereshniku
With half this board year behind us, it’s a great time for an update to all our amazing members on some of the things your board has been working hard on, and what’s in the works coming up.
From big changes at the international level to impacts from an economy that is still recovering, this year has had its challenges, but we continue to focus on the best ways to provide our members with support and value. As we move into warmer temperatures, the team and I are proud of what we’ve achieved this year and excited for some great things still to come from now until June.
In 2019 and early 2020, we:
- Rolled out Perkopolis perks for our members to provide more value for your membership by adding access to Perkopolis’ 500 different offers.
- Elected our incoming VP for next year, Carey Boyarski. If you know Carey, you’ll know her for her genuine passion for all things communications and marketing. She’s worked in the profession for 20+ years in various leadership roles and for organizations as diverse as energy services, consumer products, agency, not for profit, healthcare and education. We are lucky to have her join our team!
- Participated in the Gift of Communications, giving back through communications support for an organization in need.
- Took home the Chapter Management Award for Mentorship at this years Leadership Institute hosted by International and held in Austin, Texas. Great job by all those involved in supporting our mentorship program over the past few years! Check out this year’s list of winners.
Coming up, you can expect:
- An open board meeting In April – details soon to be posted. Attend to network with your fellow industry professionals, see your board in action, and learn about the health of your chapter.
- Some great events including: DISRUPT Innovation Masterclass with former Disney exec, Duncan Wardle (20% off for IABC members); more Company of One meet-ups; our all-day conference, Transform (stay tuned for more details to be posted on our upcoming events page); and International’s yearly World Conference – this year in Chicago.
- The wrap up of another successful year in our Mentorship Program, with 18 pairs of mentees and mentors, and participation from Mount Royal University Students as well.
Lastly, a friendly reminder that we love to engage on our social channels so don’t forget to follow us and join in the conversations: Facebook (@IABC.Calgary), Twitter (@IABCyyc), LinkedIn or Instagram (@iabcyyc).