As communicators, the turbulence of the last couple of years has given us an unparalleled opportunity to shine a light on our profession and demonstrate the value of our work. The global pandemic has changed the way we communicate with each other in life and work, and the focus on equity, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) has given communication professionals a new opportunity to lead culture programs.
Our roles continually evolve to stay current and relevant, to show what is possible and how communicators are uniquely able to help pave the way there.
Need more inspiration? Here are a few benefits to joining our team.
- Foster a community of belonging. This is a top priority for the board and we’ve taken early steps to engage ED&I professionals to facilitate conversations, share knowledge and experience and guide us on this journey. We want to take it a step further this coming year with exciting new initiatives to further create inclusion within IABC/Calgary and influence the role of communicators in creating and advocating for ED&I programs in the workplace.
- Cultivate relationships with a diverse group of communicators. Our members include some of our profession’s best and brightest – award-winners, forward thinkers, and exceptional humans from all facets of industry who are committed to stewarding our profession and building the communications community in Calgary. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other professionals on the board and expand your network with more members through our professional development and social events.
- Get valuable leadership experience. When you join our board, you’re given a portfolio, budget and amazing volunteers to manage and we want to see you make your mark with innovative ideas, a strategic plan and flawless execution. If you’re looking to step into the next level of your career, board experience is a great resume builder!
Reach out to me and the executive team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to connect with you!
Interested in joining?
Review the Board Nomination Package and fill out the submission form on pages 9 and 10.
Once completed, please send it to email@example.com.
To learn more about the board experience, read previous blogs from two of our former Presidents:
- If Leadership Is Your Calling, Don’t Miss This Opportunity! by Natasha Qereshniku
- 7 Reasons To Join To The IABC/Calgary Board by Angela Anderson
Rizalyn (Reese) Reyes