Join a 50 year legacy of amazing Communications leaders in Calgary
As we begin the journey to our next 50 years, we’re on the search for our next Vice President. The successful nominee will represent one of the largest IABC chapters in the world and inherit an executive position on an award-winning volunteer board in our professional organization.
You can nominate yourself or another member to help guide the direction of our dynamic IABC chapter in 2018 and beyond.
What’s in it for you?
Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Leadership experience, managing chapter operations and a team of volunteers.
- Business experience, including strategic planning, budget-setting and decision-making.
- Networking and best-practice sharing with fellow communicators at the local, regional and international levels.
- Pride in accomplishing great things for IABC/Calgary.
The nomination for Vice President is a three-year commitment with automatic succession in 2019 to being President and then automatic succession in 2020 to being Past President.
The ideal nominee understands IABC/Calgary’s needs, delivers value for chapter members and will lead the chapters’ growth and prosperity. They are strategic, financially savvy, and knowledgeable about IABC and IABC/Calgary as well as the communications industry. They are also able to support and strategically lead volunteers, a team player, flexible, proactive, a problem-solver, and interested in meeting new people.
All IABC/Calgary members in good standing (i.e. are professional members whose dues are up-to-date and have not contravened IABC’s code of conduct) are welcome to apply for a position on the board of directors for the upcoming year, which starts July 1, 2018, but the first event they will attend is IABC’s Leadership Institute in February 8 to 10, 2018 in San Diego, California.
- Nominations accepted – December 12 to January 6, 2018
- Board Nominating Committee ratification – January 7 to 12, 2018
The successful Vice President for the 2018/17 IABC/Calgary board year will be announced in mid January.
If you have any questions, please contact me, Will Tigley, Past President IABC/Calgary by phone: 403 861 2745 or by email.