WHO WE ARE:
With nearly 7,000 employees and assets of approximately $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (power generation, distributed generation, and electricity distribution, transmission and infrastructure development); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, natural gas liquids storage and processing, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.atco.com.
Under the direction and leadership of the Manager, Communications we are seeking a full-time, permanent Senior Advisor, Communications to join our Communications department in Edmonton, Alberta.
The Senior Advisor, Communications will work closely with leadership to develop effective, targeted communication that supports the company’s strategic business objectives. We are looking for an enthusiastic communicator with exceptional writing skills, who thrives working in a fast-paced, complex environment while maintaining the highest commitment to quality. The successful candidate must be experienced working with internal and external customers at all levels; enjoy being a part of a team and working in a collaborative manner to build relationships across the organization.
ATCO takes great pride in our relationship with our customers and our employees. Communication is a priority for ATCO and is the key to staying connected with our key audiences during a time of considerable change. This means we are looking for someone who wants to be busy and valued.
- Develop strong relationships and work with various internal and external clients to determine communications requirements and priorities
- Collaborate with communication professionals in other ATCO companies to deliver consistent, timely communication for enterprise wide initiatives
- Research, write and prepare clear, concise and compelling communication material through a variety of communications channels
- Execute strategic delivery of materials that contribute to brand integrity and provide consistent messaging that maintains or enhances the company’s reputation
- Pro-actively participate in the management of issues related to projects that impact the company’s reputation
- Monitor media/social media activities and ensure target audiences receive diverse, meaningful and engaging content
- 3-10 years of directly related experience in a similar corporate role
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations or another related discipline
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a superior attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of communications principles and best practices
- Experience writing for various platforms including the web and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest) and in various formats (speeches, announcements, video scripts)
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and customer service focus with a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume on atco.com/careers quoting competition number 03495 on or before March 6, 2017.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security clearance check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with the privacy policies and practices of ATCO Ltd. and its subsidiary companies.
By submitting your resume and personal information to ATCO Ltd, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by ATCO Ltd. to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.