Marketing Communications Director
West Island College
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
West Island College, a leading independent day school in Calgary, Alberta, is recruiting for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator. West Island College has a student population of 532 ranging from Grades 7 through 12.
Working closely with our graphic designer, the ideal candidate will be energetic, tech savvy, collaborative and be willing to learn & lead in a team environment. The successful candidate will:
- Have proven skills in corporate communications
- Have fluency with print and digital marketing strategies
- Be a proven and engaging story teller
The following are some of the expectations of the successful candidate:
- Lead and develop the print and digital marketing and communications strategy of the
- Enhance current brand management standards and lead their implementation.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive crisis communications plan.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Office to execute the ongoing recruitment and retention
- Collaborate on the development and delivery of project communications plans (projects, issues management, media relations), including content development for a variety of communications platforms.
- Develop, post and maintain the West Island College website CMS.
- Manage relationships with service providers.
- Act as a production coordinator on graphic design projects (coordinating with printers, outlining deadlines, submitting materials etc.)
- Develop communications for annual events.
- Provide support for fundraising campaigns.
- Write and execute various department communication materials.
- Coordinate media relations by organizing interviews for spokespeople/media outlets.
- Conduct ongoing proactive and reactive media relations.
- Execute advertising, media planning and buying.
West Island College offers an inspirational working environment, supported development and growth opportunities and a competitive and comprehensive compensation package. Cover letters and resumes should be sent electronically to Carla Huhn, Manager of Corporate and Human Resource Services at email@example.com.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must provide a current Police Information Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check. We thank all candidates and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about West Island College, visit our website at www.westislandcollege.ab.ca
We thank in advance all who apply but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.