Director, Communications (Edmonton Zone)
Alberta Health Services
Reporting to the Vice-President, Community Engagement and Communications, the Director, Communications (Edmonton Zone) holds regional communications leadership responsibilities and is a key member of the Edmonton Zone’s overall leadership team as well as the Communications leadership team.
The Director is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating the communications strategy and activities in their zone in support of the overall mission, vision and strategic goals of Alberta Health Services. Reporting to the Director are three communications staff members who help bring the strategy to life.
This communications leader is accountable for the full range of communications, including strategic communications planning, media relations, issues management, employee communications, marketing, community relations support, leadership communications and advertising.
Qualifications and experience required for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism or a directly related degree, with a Masters degree qualification highly desirable.
- Ten years of senior communications experience, at least five of it at a leadership level in a complex, geographically diverse organization (public or private sector).
- A communications generalist with strengths in media and issues, as well as demonstrated abilities in leadership and employee communications.
- Health care experience is an asset.
- Professional accreditation (ABC or APR) desirable.
We’re looking for a senior communicator who wants to apply their passion for communications and their skills and leadership abilities to benefit the employees and stakeholders of Alberta Health Services in their community and their region. This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
To apply please go to www.albertahealthservices.ca