BAYER INC. Communications Specialist (Internal)
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Calgary, AB
Purpose: Reporting to the Associate Business Partner, the Communication Specialist is responsible for coordinating and supporting strategic communications programs to drive employee engagement and leverage the Bayer brand. The majority of the position will be focused on internal communications within the Crop Science division.
- Supports the Associate Business Partner in the development and implementation of employee and external communication campaigns utilizing digital and traditional channels and adhering to tight timelines.
- Works closely with the Associate Business Partner to ensure programs are on strategy, on target and on budget.
- Provides writing and design support for materials such as program updates, action required alerts, how-to documents, leadership speaking notes, event invitations and PowerPoint presentations for both employee and external communications.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of corporate events such as town halls, employee celebrations and media/PR activities, working within budget and ensuring corporate objectives are met.
- Contributes content for Bayer’s corporate website and employee intranet, ensuring content is relevant and engaging.
- Coordinates the content and production of internal and external communication materials with outside vendors and agencies.
- Supports media relations activities for corporate PR initiatives.
- Other tasks as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Three to five years of progressive experience in corporate communications or employee communications
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail
- Previous experience creating and implementing communications plans with measurable results
- A strong multitasker with the ability to manage a number of programs/projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience in writing for and managing multiple digital and traditional communications channels (intranet, internet, social media, newsletters, town halls, news releases, video, etc.) and best practices
- Ability to work across function and departments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge and/or passion of agriculture sector an asset
- Agency experience an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset