Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo)
Job number: 006962
Application deadline: 2018/03/22
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with approximately $100 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans. Our culture is defined by our core values: Excellence, Transparency, Humility, Integrity, and Collaboration.
Our success as an organization is as dependent on the growth of our people as it is our investments. We provide opportunity to our employees, embrace talent with new ideas and are committed to a culture of continuous learning.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Corporate Communications team with emphasis on the organization’s client and corporate digital communications efforts.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, the successful candidate will also work closely with the Client Relations team to implement new client engagement strategies including quarterly reporting, client education materials, and facilitating the flow of information from the frontline at AIMCo to the end clients.
The Communications Specialist will also be focused on AIMCo’s digital communications goals including creating and posting regular and ad hoc content to the company intranet, participation in the corporate website redevelopment followed by ongoing management, as well as the implementation of a social media strategy that includes expansion of our online presence, content creation and regular, ongoing management.
- Support for Client Relations communication initiatives including:
- Reporting – leveraging design know-how and story-telling abilities to support AIMCo’s Client Relations team in developing more refined reports, including the Quarterly Reports.
- Education – Providing administrative support toward the coordination of client education initiatives, including AIMCo’s annual client symposium and the compilation of various internally-developed client education materials
- Newsletter Content – supporting the development of AIMCo content for use within client stakeholder newsletters, in addition to the compilation and development of client-related updates for inclusion in AIMCo’s internal communications
- Internal Communications – acting as a conduit for the flow of information internally from other AIMCo departments to Client Relations
- Other Engagement Initiatives – identifying and supporting novel approaches to engage clients, including video, social media, and other means
- Support re-development and day-to-day management of corporate website and AIMCo intranet, including daily content creation, user engagement, and management of ongoing maintenance
- Support implementation of a new social media strategy, including content creation and day-to-day account management
- Compile and publish content for internal communications platforms, including intranet, digital signage, and town hall meetings.
- Create and edit video content for various internal and external purposes
- Corporate event management assistance including town hall meetings, annual client symposium, open house speaker events, and internal education events, including AIMCo Days.
- Applying graphic design skill to support corporate communications initiatives, including production of annual report, brand development, and creation of standardized AIMCo marketing materials
- Manage monitoring of AIMCo-related news mentions, including compilation and distribution to staff and clients
- Develop and maintain a central repository of information, or key facts, related to the organization’s operating environment and activities
Our ideal candidate
- Degree or Diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or investor relations is required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in corporate communications, digital communications (including social media, websites, and video), communications planning, and event management
- Excellent writing ability (writing samples will be requested)
- Social media savvy with an interest in digital communications
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with graphic design experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Understanding of Financial Markets / Investor Relations
NOTE: Candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Follow AIMCo on LinkedIn
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
For more information and to apply, visit the careers section of AIMCo’s website at www.aimco.alberta.ca