Communications Coordinator, Internal Communications
City of Edmonton
Job Number: 32072
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Department of Communications and Public Engagement is looking for a highly creative communications coordinator who can take complex information and concepts and turn them into clear, concise messages that resonate with employees and other key audiences. We look to your talents and out-of-the-box thinking to assist Internal Communications in producing engaging and results-focused products. With a City-wide, integrated approach, you will tell the stories of our exceptional people doing innovative and creative work that make a difference.
Under the guidance of a Senior Communications Advisor and responding to requests from other Communications Advisors, you will be responsible to:
- Provide communications, project and event support for Internal Communications
- Work with clients to draft web page content, both internal and external, and provide approvals of web content to be published on the website
- Assist with content development, function and administration of web pages
- Monitor the effectiveness of internal channels through analytics and other measurements
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization and tell our stories in a journalistic style
- Produce communication materials. Write and edit a variety of content for various channels, including but not limited to print, web, video production, and Google communities. Able to take creative photos and assist with event planning.
- Conduct research into trends, best practices and employee feedback to optimize effective communication planning
- Coordinate with stakeholders and suppliers and ensure products are delivered on time and within budget
- Maintain an inventory of Internal Communications channels and draft recommendations to enable streamlined approach
- Consult with clients on project objectives, research issues and opportunities, and draft communications strategies and plans
- Graduation from a 2 year community college or technical institute program with coursework related to marketing, journalism, communications or public relations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a public relations, public affairs or public information position
- Demonstrated knowledge of public relations principles and techniques
- Knowledge of and ability to apply creativity in copy and video production
- Ability to function effectively in a team-oriented environment and respond to a variety of team-member requests for assistance
- Ability to support clients and build productive and positive relationships
- Sound journalistic writing and editing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of a variety of technological applications (Google platform, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.), content management systems and various social media platforms
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 temporary full-time for up to 11 months
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday-Friday
After-hours work (evenings and/or weekends) may be required, to provide communications support during peak operational periods or public engagement activities.
Recruitment Consultant: RF/MZ
Classification Title: Public Information Officer I
Posting Date: Mar 5, 2018
Closing Date: March 16, 2018 11:59:00 PM (MDT)Number of Openings (up to): 1 – Temporary Full-time
Union: CSU 52
Department: Internal Communications (Communications and Public Engagement)
Work Location(s): 11th Floor Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue Edmonton T5J 0J4
Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers for information on how to apply.