November 17, 2015 Energy in Crisis: The Role of Communicators
Keynote speaker Chelsie Klassen, Media Relations Manager for the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, examined current challenges faced by the energy industry and explored how communicators can turn obstacles into opportunities. She highlighted the importance of public confidence and the need to inform, involve and inspire Albertans to be energy industry advocates.
The panel discussed how to achieve market access, the role of government relations, how to stay competitive in a ‘crisis’ environment, and stakeholder relations approaches.
- Chelsie Klassen, Media Relations Manager, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Alexandra Frison, Director of Communication, Canadian Energy Pipeline Association
- Nicholas Gafuik, Public Affairs Advisor, Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Sue Van Aalst, General Manager, Communications, Suncor
- Geoff Hughes, President at Park Digital